Duties will include:
- Hardware quality control & troubleshooting
- Software upgrade management & communications
- Assist engineers with site installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software
- Website development and maintenance
- Proprietary software client support – 1st line telephone/email response
- Liaising with supplier IT support in Mexico & the US (Bulk of hours will be 9am - 5pm – flexibility to work 10am – 6pm)
- Communications Network advice and support
- Mobile Software development and support
- Client product and software user training
- Disaster recovery process administration & back-ups
- Assisting employees with general IT queries
Role is quite broad however the department is significantly growing and there will be potential of growth within the organisation.
Please note: due to visits to various construction sites, this position requires a candidate to be 18+.
- Able to provide a high level of service to users
- Flexible & “can do” attitude
- Team player
- Ability to prioritize
- Good organisation and planning skills with a very high attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively with users and senior management
- Willingness to learn
- Can do attitude
- Open & willing with interest in engineering
- Mechanical interest
- Main product is technology however candidate will be working on machinery and mechanical equipment e.g engines, gear box
Grade C/4 in GCSE (or equivalent) maths and English.
Full UK driving licence due to travel to client sites.
- Level 3 Infrastructue Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 maths and English Functional Skills (if required)