- 1st line Service desk support. Loggings calls via the telephone, email and internal ticketing system. Phone calls being the primary responsibility of the 1st line technicians.
- Initial diagnosis of IT issues and supporting users remotely using remote connection tools.
- Scheduled checks of monitoring systems and logging subsequent issues.
- Liaison with third party support agents to hand over or chase issue resolution.
- Installation of new software and hardware and maintain and fix other computing equipment.
- Assist in system upgrades and system maintenance.
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as Internet Service Providers and vendors
- Escalate calls, as appropriate, to senior support staff.
- Ensure that helpdesk calls are kept up-to-date, logging new information or actions. Ensure that the client is kept up-to-date at all times.
- Complete client documentation when necessary and ensure existing documentation is kept up-to-date. Document details of new client hardware/software, when installed.
- Work closely with assigned clients to keep problems to a minimum and use available time to help drive the clients’ IT requirements.
- Provide exemplary support to our installed base of clients.
- Work as an effective team member supporting other members of the team whenever possible and particularly during periods of absence.
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your career in IT. With a Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge to be able to move into a technical or curriculum-focused role. The opportunities are immense! We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Has a true passion for technology
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard
- e-learning training materials
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- 12 training days with Tablet Academy (specialist technology curriculum partner)
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
- Suggesting where technology can be used to improve any task currently carried out not using technology.
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.