Since 1993, Aegis have been providing IT services nationwide. From IP telephony, Cloud services, Infrastructure, to advanced intrusion prevention systems and security, they ensure businesses run as smoothly, and as securely as possible.
They take on numerous apprentices a year in which they progress internally and become highly successful. As they gain exposure to many areas of tech they have the ability to choose a career path depending on what they enjoy the most.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Cloud Network Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
About the role:
The apprentice will be part of a small dedicated IT team, working closely with other engineers and reporting to their dedicated mentor.
- Providing IT support and assisting with installations for new and existing client bases.
- Building bespoke computer systems and servers, offering telephone technical support, remote support, network installations and call-out support.
- Undertaking internal company procedures e.g. Daily Backup checks, quarterly maintenance tasks etc.
£15,000 per annum.
The starting salary is £15,000 per annum, the apprentice will receive a £1k bonus after successfully completing each module on the programme. (5k in total by the end of programme).
- Working in conjunction with the IT Manager and the support team.
- Working alongside the IT Manager on the applications, telephony, infrastructure and systems so they meet current and future needs.
- Supporting the IT Manager in handling the day to day user requests from service desk system, ticketing & installations and upgrades.
- Developing social media strategies with the team to gain a bigger following in order to increase traffic to the website.
- The training programme is designed to provide real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform individuals into highly-skilled IT Apprentices.
- Good communication/telephone skills.
- Being prepared to provide the highest level of customer service to our customers.
- Ability to recognise and respond to urgent customer requests.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will need a driving licence, be able to to drive or be learning to drive.
- Working well alone as well as in a team.
- Never being afraid to ask for help.
- Personable with a willingness to learn and a can-do attitude is essential.
- Professional approach.
- Having a flexible approach to work (be able to undertake other duties).
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Monday to Friday,
9:00am - 5:30pm.
37.5hrs a week.
Automatic enrolment into the company's Group Life Policy.
After 12 months and subject to successful completion of apprenticeship, the apprentice will benefit from the companies profit share.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.