What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be responsible for:
- Providing a wide range of front-line, technical support to staff and students at all levels throughout The Academy Trust
- Assisting in most aspects of first level software, hardware and Windows network support
- Using a flexible approach to problem solving, taking initiative and providing excellent customer service
You will be expected to work with and gain proficiency with these Key systems:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Windows 10
- Office 365
- Google G Suite
- Apple Macs
- Ruckus Wi-Fi
- Ubiquiti Wi-Fi
- Managed printing
- VXRail Cluster
- HyperV Cluster and single hosts
- HP (Aruba) ProCurve switches
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Information Communications Technician - Level 3 standard.
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
92% of QA Apprentices secure full-time employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Knows how to use Windows 10, Knows how to use Office 365, Experience of Active Directory, Knowledge of DNS and DHCP
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent any subject -- x3 (Grade 4+ (A-C) in any subject) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential