What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working in conjunction with the IT Manager and the support team.
- Working alongside the IT Manager on the applications, telephony, infrastructure and systems so they meet current and future needs.
- Supporting the IT Manager in handling the day to day user requests from service desk system, ticketing & installations and upgrades.
- Developing social media strategies with the team to gain a bigger following in order to increase traffic to the website.
The training programme is designed to provide real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform individuals into highly-skilled IT Apprentices.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Why choose our Cloud Network Specialist apprenticeship?
QA’s Cloud Network Specialist Level 3 Apprenticeship provides a solid foundation in installing network cabling and hardware.
A Cloud Network Specialist’s role is both desk-based and involves visits to clients' premises to resolve issues. Apart from installing network cabling and hardware, they may also be required to assist in the deployment and management of cloud-based services.
QA’s Cloud Network Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Follow a cloud-first curriculum, covering on-premise and cloud-enabled networking
- Learn about core networking principles, including network addressing, cloud, virtualisation and security
- Understand the principles, hardware, protocols and services that form part of on-premise, cloud and hybrid network architectures
Train with QA – the largest and leading provider for both Microsoft and AWS training
- Learn technical content that aligns to, and is relevant to, employers and the market
- Learn about DevOps methodologies and the fundamentals of databases and data migration
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Reality CheckImportant information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Able to follow instructions, Driving licence (desireable)
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 3 of any subject (Grade 4+ (A - C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential