This role will give you the opportunity to gain new knowledge & skills as part of an exciting and constantly developing industry.
- Receiving, logging and managing support requests from internal staff via the IT helpdesk.
- 1st line support – Troubleshooting problems with inhouse software, through to hardware such as Laptops, PCs, Mobiles, Barcode Scanners, Tablets and Printers.
- Escalate unresolved support requests to the 2nd Line Technician/Sys Admin
- Maintain a high degree of customer service to all members of staff, ensuring that support requests are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Managing End User Equipment - Purchasing, configuring and deploying end user equipment
- Create and manage user accounts on the company’s internal systems.
- Managing daily tape backups – Loading and initialising backup tapes.
- There is potential to be offered a full time position on completion of the apprenticeship.
- Pension contribution option 4% Co. 4% Emp
- Life Cover 3 x salary
- 25 days holiday (December shutdown from leave entitlement)
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Basic knowledge of windows server environments, active directory users and groups.
- Good knowledge of windows operating systems, specifically Windows 7 & Windows 10.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2010 or later.
- Good practical experience of installing operating systems, troubleshooting software issues and installing. new PC hardware.
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- 4+ GCSEs (A*-C/9-4 Grade) or equivalents including maths and English
- BTEC in IT or relevant will be highly beneficial
Full training towards Information Communications Technician L3 apprenticeship will be provided. Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship you will be required to attend one of PETA training centres for off-the- job training. The majority of training will be completed with your employer at your place of work.