The Role / Primary responsibilities:
- To provide IT support
- Maintaining accurate time keeping and the ability to work in a team
- Escalating issues (when required) in a timely manner
- Engage in face to face training and online assignments to help support the apprenticeship programme
- Dealing with Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating System and Cloud Services
Full time opportunities are available if you successfully complete the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise case load and manage time effectively
- Ambition, passion and willingness to learn
- Ideal required experience (training given if required):
- Windows Server (2008 – 2019)
- Microsoft Exchange, Office365 and Active Directory Sync
- Active Directory, Group Policy Management and Print Management
- Remote Desktop Services
- A strong interest in technology
You need to have 5 GCSE’s (or equivalents):
- Maths and English at grades D/3 or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C 9/4 in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.