Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Technician Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to start your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Technician Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Service desk support and technical assistance
- Logging incidents and Service requests into our Service desk toolset, escalating tickets where necessary and managing tickets within SLA
- Supporting customers and providing excellent customer service
- Continual service improvement
- Follow policies & procedures ISO 27001, ISO 20000, ISO 9001
The team is growing and looking to expand further in the future. If the individual demonstrates a strong technical understanding from their service desk work, there could be potential opportunity to train up into that profession/discipline.
Please note that your commute may be taken into consideration when we review your application, in line with our safeguarding practices.
- You will be a team player with a professional attitude
- You will be able to work as part of a professional team and will also be able to work on your own
- Punctuality, good time management and reliability are essential
- You will be highly organised with excellent communication skills (both written and spoken)
- You will be adaptable with the ability to multitask; you’ll have great attention to detail and will have problem solving skills
- You will have superb IT skills, a base knowledge of hardware & software and a strong interest in technology
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology
- The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions
- You will be inquisitive, willing to work hard and eager to learn
To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a C/4 grade in GCSE or equivalent in maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least practical experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Please note that you must not hold an existing qualification at a higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree).
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
You will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, and these are globally recognised certifications.
You will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding & Logic and Mobile & Operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.