Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Answer inbound support calls and offer support to customers
- Update Helpdesk Ticket system
- Be responsible for personal ticket queue, ticket updates and completing tasks with agreed SLA
- Ensure all information is logged and explained clearly to clients
- Be able to write detailed and explanatory notes of conversations to ensure all information is recorded on the Helpdesk system
- Be aware of other jobs and projects within the helpdesk system
- Be Responsible for escalating jobs to appropriate staff members
- Confident customer service, over the phone, and on site
- Contact clients back within appropriate timescales to meet SLA's
- Be able to listen to client issues, note key information and interpret customer needs
- Promote a “Can Do” attitude, show how to look for solutions and not problems
- Maintain a tidy and safe office, desk, and work environment
- Take action on requests verbally from clients and Account Managers so they are not missed
- Weekly Backup Checks
Skills Obtained Throughout Apprenticeship:
- Understanding of Windows 10, 8 and 7
- Knowledge of OS use, configurations, locations of settings
- Familiarity talking to a client through the OS interface without seeing a screen Microsoft Office - 2016, 2013, 2010
- Working knowledge of Outlook configurations for Exchange, Office 365, IMAP Active Directory - change passwords, update user objects settings, create new users
- Understand Security Groups DNS - understanding of how DNS is used DHCP - add, modify and delete DHCP reservations Microsoft Exchange Server - 2016,2013, 2010
- Create new users, update email addresses, change forwarding, add additional email addresses, check mailbox sizes
- Understanding of WAN + LAN Networks
- Diagnostics on Windows Computers and servers, understanding event logs
- Understanding of network fundamentals
- Understanding of IP address fundamentals
Opportunity to work with industry trained IT experts whilst gaining professional/technical qualifications, skills and experience.
That you can get to the company's premises on a daily basis. You have read and understood the job specification thoroughly. That you are available via the contact details you have supplied, as TDM will contact you if we are interested in your application. Please be aware that you will be required to attend at least two interviews, the first of which will be with TDM.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Desired skills -
- A good knowledge of general IT, with a sound technical knowledge of Microsoft Software and Windows Operating Systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to think logically and have good problem solving skills
- A strong customer focus
- The ability to prioritise your workload
- Attention to detail
- An understanding of both PC hardware and software
- An understanding of networking and configuration
- Good practical skills
Eclarity are looking for a confident individual who is:
- Excellent with paying attention to detail
You will be educated to GCSE level, including English and maths at Grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent qualifications) and an IT qualification would be an advantage.
ICT Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
Qualification together with onsite training by the employer.
For those starting at Advanced (Level 3), the expected duration would be eighteen months plus 4 months for the End Point Assessment. There is an opportunity to progress on to the Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) and ultimately on to a Degree Apprenticeship.
- ICT 3 Course 1 - Hardware and Networking.
- ICT 3 Course 2 - Software and Security
- ICT 3 Course 3 - ICT Administration
- Professional Development Progamme