Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of our client Renovotec, UK's fastest growing barcode scanning and rugged mobile computer supplier.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in all things IT, a customer first attitude and the written and verbal communication skills to back it all up. This will enable you to gain the required skillsets throughout your apprenticeship to succeed as a future Technical Support Engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key areas of focus are:
- Phone, email and web based issue handling (technical support)
- Working with multiple departments both internally and externally to ensure the delivery of high quality projects on time and in full
- Leading technical investigations and driving resolutions where necessary
- Producing support and customer documentation
- Desktop & Laptop administration, including build, configuration and troubleshooting in a Windows 10 environment with MS Office 2010/365 and a hybrid AD
- Server 2012, 2016 and 2019 Administration (Physical and Virtual)
- Support of multiple business applications including in-house and customer applications
- Device support and management across Windows, iOS, Android and Linux using various EMM solutions
- Liaising with 3rd party solution providers to resolve issues
- Supporting VPN and remote access issues
- Support customer and internal WIFI and infrastructure
- Mobile software configuration, debugging and investigation
During your apprenticeship with Renovotec, you will learn how to support solutions in
many areas of IT including:
- Application Support (bespoke and 3rd party including EMM solutions)
- Hardware Support (Mobiles, Tablets, Laptops, Desktops, Servers etc.)
- Wireless and Networking Support
- Voice Support
Opportunity for progression for the right candidate.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Minimum 1 year Customer Service Experience
- Experience configuring devices (personal accepted)
- Experience configuring networks (personal accepted)
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Can work under pressure
- Are flexible in order to meet customer demand
- Are self-motivated
- Have a professional attitude to colleagues and customers
- Have excellent communication Skills and attention to detail
- Have confidence to deal with people at all levels
- Have an interest in mobile technology and networks
- Have a commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
- Demonstrate a methodical and structured approach to work
You need to have 5 GCSE’s at grade 5 and above or equivalent in English, mathematics and a
science or technology Subject.
IT Hardware Solutions Technicians undertake activities in the area of the infrastructure aspects of solutions such as servers and networks (fixed or mobile);
Typical job titles include IT Solutions Technician, Technical Analyst, Junior Support Analyst, IT Support Analyst, Systems Analyst, IT Technical Support, IT Systems Support Technician, Junior DevOps Professional, IT Service Desk or Technical Service Support (at 2nd, 3rd or 4th line support)
IT Software Solutions Technicians undertake activities in the area of applications and supporting components such as databases.
Typical job titles include IT Solutions Technician, Service Analyst, Junior Systems Analyst, Systems Developer, Database Technician, IT Support Analyst, IT Support Technician, IT Systems Support, Junior DevOps Professional, IT Service Desk or Applications Support Technician (at 2nd, 3rd or 4th line support).