This is an exciting position for a self-motivated, efficient and well-organised individual to work with ED-UK Technologies Ltd, who provide IT support and solutions to schools across the UK.
They are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail. You’ll be IT-literate with skills in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular, Outlook, Word and Excel.
Specific duties will include (but aren’t limited to):
- The timely and accurate logging of customer issues into the Call Management system, from both phone calls and incoming emails;
- Using the formal call logging system in place, and be responsible for the quality of the information recorded – to be able to produce clear descriptions relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient solutions;
- Recognising when a call is urgent and escalating accordingly;
- Carrying out configuration and testing of new kit prior to install at customer site;
- Working as part of a team, whilst remaining self-motivated in managing your own workload;
- Demonstrating an excellent customer service focus when dealing with clients.
ED-UK would be looking for you to develop within this role, so that, in time, you become the first point of contact for all incoming issues to the Help Desk – freeing up the First and Second Line technicians to concentrate on the resolution of issues to meet their agreed SLAs.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will have the opportunity for a permanent position.
- As an IT Apprentice, you’ll be working closely with our First, Second and Third Line technicians as they support our existing and new customers’ IT requirements.
- You’ll have a keen interest in IT and must be able to work as part of a busy support team.
- Working closely with other departments you will need to build relationships with both internal and external customers.
- We work to strict SLAs with our customers and you’ll be responsible, after training, for the quality of information logged into our Call Management system – you will be expected to accurately log support tickets into our Call Management system in a timely manner.
- We expect you to be self-motivated, efficient and well-organised with a keen eye for detail.
- You’ll be IT-literate with skills in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A drive and desire to get into IT.
- A fast learner, who wants to progress.
- Someone with good communication skills.
At least 5 GCSE's at grade C or above, including maths and English
The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification.