IT Technical Support Apprentice - Advanced (Level 3)
Primary It Support Limited
Primary Goal Limited
Primary IT Support are searching for a bright candidate to support their IT Helpdesk and maintain multiple school’s networks in a designated geographical area. As such, the candidate must have a full UK driving licence and have a clean DBS record.
The role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Installing new software and upgrading existing applications
- Maintaining hardware
- Explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users over the phone and face-to-face
The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines. It would also be very helpful if you have knowledge of the UK curriculum.
As well as the training provided through the apprenticeship programme provided by Primary Goal, Primary IT Support will provide full in-house training.
All of our candidates receive IAG to ensure that they perform to the very best of their abilities. This is a great opportunity to develop skills that will be perfect for a career in technology.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
- For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- This role involves working with children / young people in a school setting
- The candidate must have a full UK driving licence
- True passion for new and emerging technology
- Enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT
- Keeps up to date with current technology and trends
- Confident when using a range of hardware, software and technical devices
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to work in a team and deliver good customer care and communicate clearly with others
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude for the skills taught in the Apprenticeship (for example through work experience, qualifications or references)
- Love of learning
- Desire to help others to learn, develop and understand
- High energy and motivation to achieve success
- Commitment towards the completion of a full Apprenticeship programme
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently under their own initiative
To be eligible for our apprenticeship programme you need to be educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 (C) or above, or Functional Skills Level 2 in both.
Your training will be provided by Primary Goal, an award-winning training provider specialising in the digital industries.
Level 3 Infrastructure technician
As part of this opportunity, you will learn:
- A range of cabling and connectivity, the various types of antennas and wireless systems and IT test equipment
- Maintenance processes and applying them in working practices
- How to apply the basic elements and the architecture of computer systems
- Where to apply the relevant numerical skills e.g. Binary
- The relevant networking skills necessary to maintain a secure network
- The similarities, differences and benefits of the current Operating Systems available
- How to operate remotely and how to deploy and securely integrate mobile devices
- Knowledge of Cloud and Cloud Services
- The importance of disaster recovery and how a disaster recovery plan works and your role within it
- The similarities and differences between a range of coding and logic
- How to comply with business processes
- Business IT skills relevant to the organisation
As a Primary Goal apprentice, you will have access to:
- Comprehensive pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety and technical specifics)
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard (Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems & Security, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic, Business Processes)
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- Knowledge Base
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
- Functional Skills or GCSE English, maths and ICT if required
Being part of the Primary Goal community will give apprentices access to a range of other apprentices (with varying levels of experience) who can share good practice and offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
Apprentices will have access to specialist industry partners for technology on hand to provide advice and support, access to resources and themed training days.
The Primary Goal portal is an online dashboard that will provide apprentices with a knowledge base to access information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.
Successful apprentice will work towards the Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard including MTA Network Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, MTA Software Development and BCS Business Processes.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.