IT Technical Support Apprentice
Dove Computer Solutions
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
As an apprentice you will be working in an IT role and carrying out the following duties:
- Resolve problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc.
- Service desk support– diagnosis of IT issues and supporting users remotely using remote connection tools
- Installation of new software and hardware
- Maintain and fix other computing equipment
- Assist in system upgrades and system maintenance
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as Internet Service Providers and vendors
- Support with technology asset management
- Social media and website updates
- Supporting staff to implement new technologies in the workplace
- Working with a range of technology hardware - Android, Windows, Mac
- Supporting software development and implementation
- Supporting the use of database systems and Content Management Software
- Use of a ticketing system for task allocation/monitoring
For the ideal candidate the opportunity to progress onto a level 4 apprenticeship or secure a full-time position will be available.
- Confidence when using a range of hardware, software and technical devices
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to work in a team and deliver good customer care and communicate clearly with others
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude for the skills taught in the Apprenticeship (for example through work experience, qualifications or references)
- Any understanding of programming languages (Java, PHP, SQL or XML) would definitely be a benefit
- True passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
- Love of learning
- Desire to help others to learn, develop and understand
- High energy and motivation to achieve success
- Commitment towards the completion of a full Apprenticeship programme
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently under own initiative
Educated to GCSE standard (English and maths grade 4 or above) or equivalent is highly desirable but applicants who are willing to work towards their Level 2 Functional Skills will also be considered.
The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology.
By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.