What will the apprentice be doing?
You will have a range of duties in your own area and are expected to work initially with assistance and later supervision.
The company offers excellent benefits such as healthcare and monthly meal allowance.
You will be responsible for:
- Assessing reported issues in order to provide adequate resolutions and fixes, including Active Directory (user account management), Office 365/Microsoft technologies, software and hardware faults and networking
- Troubleshooting basic network connectivity issues
- Utilising the ITSM tool for ticket logging management
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries
- Adhering to managed service processes and procedures
- Asset Management responsibilities
- General End User support
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Information communications technician Level 3 (A level)
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
92% of QA Apprentices secure full-time employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Reality CheckNOTE: This role is based on a client site (Marvell College) in Hull, but you will also need to travel to the company’s Nottingham office 1-2 times a week for training opportunities. Local accommodation and transport will be provided when travelling to Nottingham.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Presentation skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Knowledge - Microsoft products
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent any subject -- x3 (Grade 4+ (A-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential