- Management of ticketing system
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, connection, IP Phones, printer and software issues reported
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with hardware and software
- Escalate requests to the appropriate party, as needed
- Replace or repair defective parts and equipment
- Preparation of new equipment for customers including OS installations and system building
- Complete special projects as requested
- Supporting both Mac + Windows environments
You’ll have the opportunity to gain full-time employment once you have successfully completed the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Customer focused
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- IT hobbyist
- Have the drive to constantly expand your skills
- Be able to multitask under pressure
- Enjoys a challenge
- Self-motivated with a passion for IT
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.