This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and motivated individual to join this global IT Support team with long-term opportunities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with hardware and software
- Escalate requests to the appropriate team, as needed. Replace or repair defective parts and equipment
- Conduct technology training for new users
- Conduct briefings and demonstrations on how to enhance system productivity
- Assist in the development of training materials
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise
- Attend courses to develop and keep skills and knowledge current
- Perform routine server monitoring and performance benchmarking
- Monitor and remove virus, spyware, and other non-authorised software
- Complete special projects as requested
- Manage and update your workload on the global ticketing system
- Maintain and update hardware asset lists for company issues devices
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- A passion and understanding of IT
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills/experience
- Good communication skills: listening, understanding and persuading
The ability to effectively work alone as well as in a team.
5 GCSE’s total:
- English and maths GCSE grade D/3, equivalent or above
- 3x GCSEs grade A-C/8-4 or equivalent in any subject
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.