What will the apprentice be doing?
The Support Engineer facilitates the resolution of and/or resolves IT incidents and Service Requests, provides excellent customer service and enables business outcomes.
As an Apprentice Support Engineer within this team, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Receiving and handling requests for service, following agreed procedures
- Providing impact assessment and customer communication
- Promptly allocating calls as appropriate
- Logging incidents and service requests and maintaining relevant records
- Identifying and classifying incident types and service interruptions.
- Recording incidents, cataloguing them by symptom and resolution
- Acting under guidance to record and track reliability data for services
- Identifying and diagnosing incidents and problems
- Handling escalations promptly and diligently
- Working towards becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with end users
- Categorising and recording reported queries and provide solutions
- Supporting personnel with deeper knowledge of the product or service
- Supporting problem identification
- Advising end users on appropriate course of action
- Monitoring issues from start to resolution
- Escalating, if needed, unresolved problems to a higher level of support
- Providing essential online security advice and support
- Supporting the first line resolution as appropriate
- Providing direct support at location where appropriate
- Building and configuring End User hardware as required
- Creating and inputting into knowledge articles
- Adhering to and maintaining all appropriate targets
- Adhering to all policies and control standards
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At IRIS, we believe in creating a culture of engagement and reward to develop employee potential and offer long-term career success.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Can use Microsoft products., Can use Word, Excel+PowerPoint
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent any subject -- X3 (Grade 4+ (A*-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential