- Provide first-line support
- Imaging and maintenance of PC's
- Setup, update and fault diagnosis of customer IT systems
- General network support and troubleshooting
- Call handling: Answering customer queries directly on the phone where required and maintaining accurate records
- Maintaining client databases with up-to-date solutions and keeping a clear record of all activities involved in the call tracking software. This is an audit-able activity and must contain up-to-date records.
- Installation of computers and peripheral devices (e.g. printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones)
- Explaining technical issues in a clear way to non-technical clients
- Answering the phone in a professional manner and, if relevant passing on any information promptly.
- Full-Time with the Company
- Possible further training
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Good Customer Service skills
- Some knowledge of IT
- Confident on phone
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and Powershell