You will provide the following daily tasks:
- Helpdesk Desktop support
- Support the IT Manager on Projects (Office 365 Migrations, Desktop rollouts & Upgrades, VOIP implementations, security implementation and more),
- Look to improve efficiencies in the support to our customers
- Create and improve internal systems and processes
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
- Henley-based office – no regular commute to London
- Aggressive personal development and mentoring programme to Cloud solutions architect (or other areas of interest)
- Homeworking when required
- Unlimited leave (not to be abused)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Some aptitude and experience with working with Windows and MAC Operating systems will be beneficial
- Likes a challenge and will not rest until the task is done
- Is motivated to further your career in support and Cloud Technologies
- Enjoys improving on systems and processes to benefit the team
- Is genuine and honest – possessing a positive mental attitude
- Takes ownership, accountability, and responsibility with every action
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
• Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D/3 or above
• 3x GCSE’s grade A-C 9/4 in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.