Our client XEPOS are innovators in the EPOS market, as a well established provider for over 10,000 businesses with more coming each day. Due to the businesses continuous growth and expansion they are now actively looking for two individuals to join them as an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Dealing with technical issues regarding our customers' hardware, software and networking
- Speaking to customers on the phone and providing a good level of customer service
- Sending emails following up on customers' technical issues
- Repairing a range of faulty hardware such as computers, touch screens and receipt printers
- Installing and upgrading operating systems and other software
- Working with databases such as MySQL to identify errors and make repairs
Opportunity for progression for the right candidate.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good background knowledge and understanding of IT
- Passionate about gaining skills and experience in the IT sector
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the ability to provide a good level of customer service
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals able to work independently
- Good organisational skills
Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) at grade 7-4/A-C in both maths and English.
The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues and the organisations productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification