This is a fantastic opportunity to join our client; who are now seen as one of the few UK forwarders specialising in true customer service for their clients. They are looking to expand the team once again by bringing in another individual to join the IT Support Team.
The successful Apprentice in this position will have the chance to delve into the world of IT Support and Technology; where support and training will be on hand at every turn. The Apprentice will work towards an industry accredited Level 3 Apprenticeship program in the IT Solutions Technician - Hardware Pathway.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the business with various IT & Networking requirements
- Help the team by monitoring the service desk
- Ensure that all issues are escalated or resolved within the companies SLA agreements
- Assist by providing remote and on-site IT support
- Help with an inventory management of IT devices
- Set up new users to the business with IT hardware requirements
- Ensure all IT policies, procedures and safety measures are adhered too
As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The company also aim to offer the apprentice a permanent role at the end of the training (subject to successfully completing course and objectives).
- Passionate about technology
- Logical thinker with determination to resolve issues
- Able to effectively prioritise tasks
- Outstanding communication
- Understanding of Microsoft cloud platforms (advantage)
- Strong communication skills
- Open minded and willing to learn
- Committed and able to deal with challenging scenarios
- Proactive approach
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritises workload
- Enthusiastic, proactive and inquisitive approach
GCSE Grade C/4 or above in maths and English (or equivalent qualification).
IT Hardware Solutions Technicians undertake activities in the area of the infrastructure aspects of solutions such as servers and networks (fixed or mobile);
Typical job titles include:
- IT Solutions Technician
- Technical Analyst
- Junior Support Analyst
- IT Support Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- IT Technical Support
- IT Systems Support Technician
- Junior DevOps Professional
- IT Service Desk
- Technical Service Support (at 2nd, 3rd or 4th line support)
Functional Skills Level 2 in English & maths (if required).