Our client; Step Change Outsourcing are a growing contact centre working in partnership with some of the UK's largest brands for over 10 years and they are experts at acquiring and retaining customers for its clients. They have also recently been voted the 3rd Best Small company to work for by The Sunday Times Top 100!
Due to the teams continuous expansion they are now looking for a eager, skilful and logical individual to join them as an IT Support Technician Apprentice, where full support and guidance will be on hand whilst the Apprentice works to complete and achieve an industry accredited Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification in the Infrastructure Technician program.
This is a busy but rewarding role. You will be part of a friendly team where you will be responsible for the day to day running of the IT infrastructure, specifically across the Businesses sales team. This role reports into the IT Support Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the day to day contact for all general IT queries within the organisation. This will involve troubleshooting issues with user computers and assisting with technical queries
- Resolve user access issues to ensure all employees are able to operate
- Be involved with communications to their clients regarding the relevant user set up and ensure the information is processed in a timely manner i.e. requesting accurate login details, access to the correct systems etc.
- Build and set up agent computers across the organisation
- Ensure regular maintenance activity is carried out on all computers
- Ensure systems are up to date across all computers
- Maintain an asset register for all computers and technical equipment
- Effectively record, analyse and communicate data at the appropriate level within the organisation i.e. such as operating the employee leavers process
- Assist with office networking and physical cabling
- Be able to operate remotely and can deploy and securely integrate mobile devices
- Complies with IT processes and ensures these are fully implemented across the organisation
- Gain a working knowledge of the IT systems relevant to the organisation
So if you feel that you have the skills in IT, Infrastructure and First Line Support to assist our client with their company growth and you enjoy all the aspects that IT has to offer then don't hesitate to apply!
Our client will be looking into the possibility of making the successful candidate a permanent employee, upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship and ensuring that they have displayed the right skills and attributes.
- Reliable and dependable
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- Have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Show great aptitude to want to develop and learn new skills
- Have a positive 'can do' attitude
- Have the ability to work in a very fast paced and quickly changing environment
Candidates applying need to have at least 5 GCSE's or the Functional skills equivalent graded 4/C and above including English and maths.
The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology.
By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues' and the organisations productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/CompTIA Network+ professional qualification