Discover the Griffiths & Armour difference... In the increasingly consolidated and often undifferentiated world of insurance broking, we are Griffiths & Armour, a leading independent insurance broker with a single, unwavering focus; putting your best interests first. Always.
We believe in building great client relationships. To us, it’s people that count. By taking a long term view and investing time to understand the bigger picture, we develop mutually beneficial, trusted partnerships.
Together, we manage and transfer your risk effectively, to protect and support the wider success of your business. It’s about giving you peace of mind through the certainly of protection we arrange, and if the unexpected occurs, our team of highly qualified insurance, claims and risk management professionals will be ready, providing that vital support when you need it most.
This is our approach, it’s a cornerstone of the Griffiths & Armour philosophy, and that’s the difference.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
Purpose of role:
Responsible for providing 1st line day to day desktop support (both software and hardware) both onsite and at remote locations ensuring problems are handled in a timely and efficient manner whilst maintaining high customer service standards.
- Investigating issues logged by users on the helpdesk
- Ensure the end user is updated with progress via the appropriate communication method and the helpdesk tickets are finished with notes / progress
- Ensure helpdesk tickets are prioritised based on business impact and are dealt with in a timely fashion
- Escalate support incidents when necessary and in a timely and consistent fashion
- Identify common issues and investigate / implement long term fixes, rather than piecemeal workarounds
- Ensuring that IT standards and procedures are followed
- Daily maintenance including backup checks and reporting
- Ensure that IT standards and procedures are followed i.e. Backups are checked and reported on daily and issues identified are investigated
- Management of new starter / leaver process
- Help onboard new starters both with hardware and software
- Contribution to central IT documentation and information repository
- Keep IT Documentation up to date when required
- Support and assist with IT Projects when called upon
- Ensure software licensing policies are followed at all times
As well as:
- Be an ambassador of Griffiths and Armour, giving excellent customer service at all times and portraying a professional image throughout each interaction
- Support with any Information Security issues that arise. This may be remediation of identified vulnerabilities that need resolving in agreed times frames / SLAs. These ISO27001 framework is essential to compliance and should always be followed
Full on the job training will be provided in the following areas:
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Knowledge of Microsoft client operating systems (Windows 10 & 11) and Microsoft Office suite including O365
- PC and laptop builds
- Installing and configuring software
- New starter / leaver process including setting up account in Microsoft Active Directory, mailboxes in Exchange
- Be point of contact for company dictation systems
- Provision and manage mobile phone hardware
- Understanding of mobile phones and tablet device operating system and features (iOS)
In addition, the successful candidate will be exposed to:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and later, plus key technologies associated i.e. Active Directory, Exchange Server, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP
- Microsoft Teams Phone System
- Cisco Meraki Wi-Fi
- Dell / Cisco / Xerox
- Citrix Environment
- Networking technologies – router / switch management / patching
What we are looking for:
- Good English and mathematics qualifications
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work methodically
- Good organisational skills
- A basic understanding of PC technology or Microsoft Office applications
- Interest in new technology is essential
- Customer focus - Focuses energy and efforts on meeting the needs of the user base when resolving IT issues.
- Effective communication - Communicates confidently and effectively orally and in writing.
- Team working - Supports others in the achievement of the team’s objectives.
- Improvement focus - Constantly seeks to improve the way things are done.
- Personal effectiveness - Develops effective plans to deliver optimum results within agreed timeframes and by most cost-efficient route.
- Relationship building - Devotes effort to developing and nurturing positive and co-operative partnerships with colleagues, customers and service providers.
- Organisational awareness - Takes time to understand the roles & responsibilities of others within the organization.
- Adaptability/change orientation - Is open to new ideas and ways of operating.
- Health & Safety focus - Adheres to the policies and procedures detailed in the Company Health and Safety Manual to help minimise risks to customers and colleagues and help generate a ‘safety culture’.
- A Level 3 qualification in a relevant area in any grade.
Acceptable qualifications include:
- 2 A levels in one or more similar subject
- Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a similar subject
- BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject
- A Work experience route (2-3 years) in a similar subject-related role
Note: “Similar subject” relates to areas directly relevant to or commensurate with “Digital and Technology Solutions”
As to what constitutes a “similar subject” this would therefore typically be areas such as but not limited to Level 3 digital apprenticeships, A-Level/BTEC Computer Science, Information Technology, Networking, Software Engineering, etc.
Note: Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.