What will the apprentice be doing?
- Answer helpdesk calls
- Help customer with 1st line issues such as password reset
- Setup of hardware i.e. printers, mobile phones, desktops, laptops
- Create email accounts and other cloud services
- Work as part of projects to rollout anti-virus and other security software where required
- Creating tickets on PSA
- Creating quotes
- Remote support for customers
- Onsite support for 1st line tasks such as setting up desktops/laptops
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunity to obtain a permanent position after successfully completing the apprenticeship
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Quick learner, Ability to work logically
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent any subject ---- x3 (Grade 4+ (A-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential