What will the apprentice be doing?
- Logging support calls via telephone and email
- Work in collaboration with members of the sales and wider services team on project work
- Resolving 1st line incidents and requests
- Triage of support tickets
- Daily weekly system checks
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
92% of QA Apprentices secure full-time employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Interest in Cloud technologies, Multitasking skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 3 of any subject (Grade 4+ (A - C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential