What will the apprentice be doing?
The ICT Apprentice will work on the application of infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment, and monitoring of infrastructure components as well as hands-on hardware system builds and repairs.
- Providing technical support to customers over the phone and via email
- Establishing, diagnosing, and escalating technical issues
- Keeping the ticketing system up to date
- Keeping clients informed of their ticket progress
- Assisting with projects where necessary
- Helping other members of staff and any sub-contractors (where applicable) to resolve IT related problems
- Complying with appropriate policies/procedures at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full training towards L3 Information Communication Technician : Support Technician will be provided. You will complete a 22 month apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Employee and personal development - we'll work with you and encourage you to develop your career or to learn and experience new things
Reality CheckDriving licence would be beneficial. We would encourage early submissions of applications, as these will be considered on receipt and suitable candidates invited for interview. We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early if the vacancy is filled before the closing date.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative, Time management skills, Customer experience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalent) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Computer-related (Grade Pass or above) Desired