Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Timely and accurate logging of customer issues into the Call Management system, from both phone calls and incoming emails
- Using the formal call logging system in place, and be responsible for the quality of the information recorded – to be able to produce clear descriptions relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient solutions
- Recognising when a call is urgent and escalate accordingly
- Carrying out configuration and testing of new kit prior to install at customer site
- Working as part of a team, whilst remaining self-motivated in managing your own workload
- Demonstrating an excellent customer service focus when dealing with clients
You will move to become an IT Support Engineer – or if you show a keen interest in other areas of the company, we are always looking for more people – IE software development, Web Development etc.
- 25 days’ holiday, plus public holidays, plus your birthday off
- Private pension scheme with Royal London Mutual
- Private Medical care
- Death in Service benefit
- Perk box
- Cycle to work and tech schemes
- A company backing you who want to see you grow in your career.
- Friendly and relaxed flexible working environments
- Onsite gym and bicycle parking
- Friday afternoon beer o’clock
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Able to build good relationships is fundamental to the delivery of services
- Organisational skills
- The ability to manage your own workload and to work to team and project deadlines
- The ability to work flexibly in a team
- Happy and able to contribute to a supportive work environment
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Good telephone manner
- A keen interest in IT and must be able to work as part of a busy support team
- Three GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above in any subject
- And GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent) at grade 3 and above
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.