- Enable all of AQA's colleagues to work with technology in the easiest and most accessible way
- Learn the latest Azure technologies
- Build life skills such as confidence, time management, organisation, change management and initiative
The ITS Service Desk team at AQA MK are at the heart of providing efficient and focused IT Services to the business. Their ability to provide excellent IT services is enabled by the team's high focus on exceptional customer service, great technical understanding and drive to enable all of their colleagues to work with technology in the easiest and most accessible way.
- As a Service Desk Analyst, you will help provide the cloud based e-Assessment solutions for AQA which in turn, gives you the opportunity to learn the latest Azure technologies and make a positive contribution to the delivery of exam results to millions of candidates across England
- Beginning with 1st line workloads and processes, you will be supported to grow and develop in helping fellow employees with all their initial IT support needs which includes processing incidents logged from Operational Departments for customer issues. AQA will work with you to grow your confidence and skills so that you are able to take service calls, log tickets into the IT Management System, and process and triage online logged incidents and requests
- By also providing exposure to wider areas of IT infrastructure and support, you will progress to helping to resolve support requests ensuring the highest level of customer engagement are met
Complete this Level 3 apprenticeship programme, and you could progress into a permanent Service Desk Analyst. Other potential future roles include Junior Developer, Business Analyst and Systems Engineer.
We spend a good portion of our life at work, so AQA are dedicated to making sure you’re comfortable and healthy. At AQA MK, you’ll enjoy a 37-hour week with flexible working arrangements.
AQA offer hybrid working opportunities for all their Early Careers programmes – following a short training period in one of their offices, you will have the option to continue working in the office for at least 2 days per week. You will also receive a £250 allowance to set up your own home office.
AQA are an equal opportunities employer, and the key focus for AQA's Early Careers programmes is to attract a more diverse audience of talent that come from varying backgrounds and bring with them diversity of thought to drive forward AQA's culture, be advocates for the brand and shape their future.
To help drive their ambitions, AQA invest in the development of their people by offering a range of professional development and learning opportunities, leading to over 50% of their permanent roles being filled internally.
Complete this Level 3 apprenticeship programme, and you could progress into a permanent Service Desk Analyst. Other potential future roles include:
- Junior Developer
- Business Analyst
- Systems Engineer
The ideal candidate will have skills in:
- Confidently communicating by phone, digital and face to face
- Microsoft Office
AQA are looking for candidates who can develop the following skills:
- Building relationships by driving collaboration and inclusion
- Solving problems and demonstrating innovation and curiosity
- Overcoming challenges and showing resilience
- Seizing business opportunities
- Being accountable and exercising professional judgement
You will need 5 GCSE's grades A*-C (4-9) including maths and English to be eligible for this apprenticeship.
- IT solutions technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
Getting started (1-4 months):
- Programme launch and Core IT Principles
- Core Cloud & Networking Principles
Technical modules (2-15 months):
- Operating System Fundamentals
- Azure, M365 & Advanced IT Principles
End-Point Assessment (3 months):
- Professional discussion underpinned by portfolio
- Project report with questioning
Level 2 functional skills, English and maths must be passed as part of the programme (if not already) and certificates presented, prior to taking the end-point assessment. This will be discussed at programme launch.