As the first line of support to our customers, you will need to have a calm and professional attitude to support.
You will meet our customers in person as well as over the phone or by e-mail.
You will work with the helpdesk system to report issues, taking ownership of tasks to ensure they are followed up, completed and communicated with the customer throughout.
Covering a wide variety of IT areas from local and remote user issues, networking and cloud service queries.
You will make a major contribution to the successful support of the IT systems managed by the Trust's IT services team, ensuring the smooth running of the systems and strive to assist all users to operate at optimum efficiency in the delivery of ICT.
Part of your day-to-day roles will include:
- Gaining valuable industry knowledge from colleagues then applying this to your apprenticeship program
- Providing the highest quality 1st line IT support to staff & students within your 5 academy sites
- Connecting users/customers to the helpdesk whilst logging all jobs that pass-through helpdesk to then provide remote support to telephone users
- Carry out effective maintenance and quality checks on all IT equipment in line with company expectations. This will also involve the setting up of IT equipment
- Assist in supporting the school audio visual systems and solving projector, interactive televisions and whiteboard issues, including all school events such as open and parent evenings
- Support project roll-out across the Trust and customers supported by the Trust
- Travel to our partner schools for IT patch visits and to assist our other Academy teams where required
- Ensuring that all systems and software are implemented in line with the Trust's IT policy
As part of your new role, you will be receiving a mix of day-to-day roles and responsibilities alongside industry recognised training.
After your 16-month programme, you will have achieved a level 3 qualification in IT support ready to step further into your IT career.
The position is initially offered as a temporary contract until the apprenticeship course ends. If the successful candidate performs well and develops to a satisfactory standard during this time, the contract may be extended or made permanent.
This role may involve lifting of computers and computer equipment so a reasonable level of physical fitness is required. This role requires a driver as travel to other sites in Cambridge & Peterborough will be required.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- The successful candidate will need to be technically minded
- A problem solver and be able to work independently as well as within a team
- You will need to have a firm grasp of the English language
- Very good understanding of IT
- A quick learner of new introduced technologies
- An overall team player
- Self-motivated and independent
- Wanting to gain experience in all areas of a start-up
- Basic technical knowledge and the enthusiasm to learn lots more
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential
- A professional manner is required at all times
- Problem solving technique
- Flexible and pro-active attitude towards work
To be considered, you must have at least 5 GCSEs graded A/C or 7/4 or above, including English and Maths or the Functional Skills/Key Skills equivalents. This post is based in a school environment, therefore list 99 and enhanced CRB checks will need to be carried out before the Apprentice will be able to start at work. You must be able to support CMAT's policy on the welfare and safeguarding of children.
The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues and the organisation's productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification.