Do you like the challenge of seeing if you can find where the IT problem is and figuring out how to solve it?
Do your friends and family often ask for your advice on how to sort out their IT issues? Or are you the first port of call to set-up someone’s new computer, laptop or smart phone?
Do you enjoy the sound of the “penny dropping” when you’ve been able to explain how to do something to somebody who was struggling with IT systems and programmes?
If the answers to these are yes, this could be the apprenticeship you’ve been looking for.
My client is an established business that supplies outstanding quality IT services to customers that vary from micro-businesses and SMEs to larger organisations.
The focus is on world class service, becoming a trusted partner and an integral part of the client business.
This brilliant opportunity has arisen as part of an ambitious, phased growth and expansion plan. The successful candidate will work directly with the company owner and be trained in all aspects from technical support and knowledge through to how to communicate and build good working relationships with customers.
You will be joining a friendly team, based in Wolverhampton, which consists of the company owner / Director, IT Team, his virtual assistants and Rosie the post dog. There is a starting salary of £124 - £200 per week, initially 30 hours a week (Monday – Friday), and good prospects for progression and professional development. You will also be supported in studying towards a Level 3 IT apprenticeship.
The role will involve:
- Providing 1st line support
- Set up and maintenance of infrastructure
- Providing remote support to clients
- Setting up Office 365
- Migrating data and emails
- Implementing back-ups
- Setting up and repairing hardware
- Attending client sites on some occasions
- Any administration and new duties as required
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
Opportunity for the learner to secure a permanent position once the apprenticeship is complete.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- A keen interest in anything IT related
- A thirst for learning new things
- Good oral communication skills – can talk to human beings as well as computers
- An ability to simplify technical jargon into plain English for the more technically challenged
- Good organisation skills and be a logical thinker
- A sense of humour
- Been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years
Our client require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry.
- To be considered for this role, you must have at least a 4/C grade in both GCSE or in maths & English
- You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least experience with the workings of computers and IT
- Level 3 - Infrastructure technician standard
- Functional Skills if required
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.