As an IT Apprentice your main role/ responsibilities will include:
- Learning how to provide software support
- Learning the software services and products
- Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails
- Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales
- Working on resolving the first line support where capable and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary
- Updating company systems
Opportunity for the learner to secure a permanent position with the company after the apprenticeship is complete.
Benefits working as an IT Apprentice with Intequal:
- You will be entitled to a NUS Card which means discounts at local high street stores, restaurants, travel & many more
- All of our training is done remotely & online so no need to spend out expensive travelling costs traveling to college one day a week
- You will gain a recognised qualification as a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician with on the job training
- You will get support from our team of tutors that will be with you every step of the way to help reach your career goals
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to multitask
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience within a customer service, administration or sales role is preferred but not essential
- Able to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to multitask
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Bright and enthusiastic
- A genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry
- You will have a friendly personality
- You will be flexible
- Willing to work hard
- Eager to learn
To be considered for this role, you ideally would hold GCSEs or equivalent at C/4 grade in both maths & English, and in three or four other subjects. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least practical experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.