The aim of the course is to provide the skills and knowledge required to begin a career in IT as an Infrastructure Technician or similar role. The duration of this apprenticeship course is typically 15-months delivered in a blend of online/offline methods whilst staying within the workplace. This apprenticeship is also recognised for entry onto the Register of IT Technicians upon completion and enables progression to Level 4 if desired.
- Provide 1st line IT support for Frome Medical Practice and Frome Health Solutions and liaise with South Central and West Commissioning Support Unit and other software support providers
- Assist with desktop hardware, network printers, software and app support including Microsoft products, Windows operating systems and telecommunications
- Install and configure IT infrastructure for end users
- Audio / visual setup for online meetings, training and video consultations
- Support the Digital Health Connector with promotion of digital services such as the NHS App
- Support departments such as Human Resources with surveys and record maintenance
- Supporting Clinical Governance Coordinator and Quality Assurance officer with database management, audits and other data related exercises
- Assuring good DSE standards are maintained and helping to assess and configure IT hardware to create a safe work environment
- Support the Comms Team with changes to the practice website using the Content Management System
- Provide connectivity support, server management, and troubleshoot wider system issues
- User password management and software user account configuration
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
Opportunity to secure a permanent position, after the apprenticeship is complete.
All post holders are expected to:
- Adhere to practice policies and procedures
- Promote Equality and Diversity in a non-discriminatory way
- Adhere to the Data Protection Regulations, respecting confidentiality of patients and colleagues and the practice as a whole
- Maintain personal and professional development in order to maintain their skill levels, participate in the appraisal process and any training and development that is recognised and agreed with Lead Practice Nurse
- Respect and adhere to corporate and clinical governance principles
- Undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), criminal records and barring list checks
- Adapt to any changes made to the organisation structure/delivery of service
- Work within the operating hours of the surgery
- Work as an integral part of the whole practice team
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry
- You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service
- To be considered for this role, you ideally would hold a C/4 grade or above in both GCSE maths & English, and in three or four other subjects (or equivalent)
- You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT
- Level 3 Infrastructure technician apprenticeship standard
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.