This role involves working as part of a small dynamic team supporting primarily Primary level schools with all their computing needs.
The role involves deployment of software and educational programs, repair and maintenance of hardware, subsequent installation of hardware, support for schools both onsite and remote.
Working on a variety of IT landscapes including but not limited to Remote servers, Active Directory, Group Policy, Software deployment, Computer maintenance and building.
Helpdesk replies to customer tickets as well as our internal tool for tasks within the company.
- Supporting the team to assist with technical issues
- Fixing computers and issues on-site and in our workshop
- Working with team members to meet deadlines
- Using initiative to keep up to date with the latest changes in technology
Enhanced DBS certificate will have to be achieved as part of the hiring process.
- To be discussed at interview
Desirable that the candidate can drive, but not essential. Winchester has both good rail and bus links. 31 days holiday per annum (inclusive of bank holidays). Mileage paid over the usual commute to work.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- IT hardware knowledge is essential
- Experience of working with and building computers
- Natural affinity for technology
- A logical approach to troubleshooting problems
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- A desire to impress colleagues and customers
- Using initiative to deliver impressive results
- Eagerness to learn and develop tech skills
- Flexibility, team spirit and adaptability
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, confident, smart and personable
- Enthusiastic, tenacious and hard working
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
IT Technical Solutions Technicians undertake activities in the area of the infrastructure aspects of solutions such as servers and networks (fixed or mobile) as well as applications and supporting components such as databases.
Functional skills if needed.