StaffsTech provides ICT Solutions to the Education and Small to Medium Enterprise(SME) sectors. We use our extensive experience to provide hands on ICT support and training to schools and Multi Academy Trusts.
An unrivalled reputation in the IT industry for our technical expertise and exceptional customer service standards. With over 20 years’ experience, we will deliver solutions you can trust. We pride ourselves in offering the best support and honest advise at an affordable cost.
Based at JCB Academy, Rocester.
The main purpose of an Onsite Technician is to facilitate the needs of the organization in terms of IT. It will be this person’s responsibility to ensure the day to day running of IT Services is taken care of and that the needs of IT users are met.
This includes the service desk process of the site/s that the Assistant is responsible for.
They will also need to keep an overview of other sites and assist other engineers in tackling their call queues, workloads, and projects.
You will be led by Lead IT Engineer and another support engineer onsite, so within a team of 3.
- To ensure all support calls from any source including email, online support portal, telephone and in person are logged to the call queue
- Calls are to be prioritized by the Assistant based on a framework set by the IT Management Team, as well as using own initiative when these call priorities clash
- Regular communication with all IT Support Members
- Calls from the IT Support Assistant site/s queue are to be resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Determining whether external support it required, and then arranging for that when needed
- All physical areas controlled by IT Support Services such as server rooms are to be kept tidy and free of clutter, to be overseen by the Engineer
- Ensure that an IT equipment asset register is kept up to date regularly and that items being disposed of are removed from/ marked as destroyed on that register. (Permission for destruction/ disposal must come from senior trust or school Governors and Financiers)
- Ensure that regular Backups of the sites are being taken successfully
- To make sure all IT classrooms are equipped and working for students to use
- Assist with the setting up of school assemblies
- To make sure CCTV is recording and available for senior staff to use at any time
What we are looking for:
Desired Skills / Qualities:
- Ambition to work in IT
- Knowledge of Windows Server and desktop operating systems
- Understanding of Microsoft products (Exchange, SharePoint, etc)
- Proven ability to successfully motivate yourself and others
- Committed to customer focused service delivery
- Clear written and oral communication skills for any audience
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Committed to working flexibility to cover the duties of the service
- Ability to build successful customer and supplier relationships
- Professional approach with a positive attitude to delivering high quality work
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
£12,500 - £14,000 per annum.
8:30am - 4:30pm, 5 days a week,
37.5 hours per week.
- Chance to learn from a team of experienced IT Engineers
- Opportunities to advance within the business
- Opportunities to look at further apprenticeships and qualifications
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.