Main role / duties:
- Effectively triaging and logging inbound requests
- Answering the phone
- Completing first contact fixes
- Supporting the technical engineers’ complete request and incident tickets
- Equipment setup and maintenance
- Effective ticket management on the Service Desk platform
- Effective handling and logging of IT Assets
- Performing regular audit checks
- Keep documents up to date
- Following policies and procedures in accordance with guidelines and workflows
- Provide effective communication to end users
A full time position.
- Bonus scheme surrounding lessons and exams
- Onsite café
- Health Shield programme
- Free fruit Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Free tea and coffee, milk 5 days a week…
- Staff room with PS4 and pool table
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Good customer service skills
- A well-spoken telephone manner
- Able to work as part of a team
- Excited to begin an IT career
- A proactive attitude to learning and developing own skills and knowledge
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and Powershell