The working environment is relaxed (You won't need a suit and tie), the office has a bar, fish tank and fancy coffee machine.
They are seeking an IT support apprentice to join their growing customer services team that has an important role to play in the wider organisation. In this role, you will have an opportunity to support customers of all technical abilities from customers with a single computer all the way to large server estates. You will have an opportunity to work with some interesting technologies and work alongside the development and sales teams. At the same time, you will be mentored by senior IT engineers to grow your skills.
If you enjoy a challenge, and you have an interest in starting your career with a very hands-on role job then this could be the apprenticeship for you.
Main duties of the role:
- Providing technical support via the helpdesk system and forum
- Providing internal IT support (Servers, desktops, devices and networking)
- Answering the support hotline to provide technical support
- Using remote support tools to resolve customer issues
- Handling support queries with unique configurations/ environments.
- Taking ownership of support cases and investigating further using logging, virtual environments, remote support and online research.
- Working with technical and development staff to resolve support cases.
- Recreating customer environments to replicate bugs/issues
- Build and configure workstations/ virtual machines with a range of operating systems from XP to Windows Server to Windows 10.
- Help to improve the current network, and configure common network devices. (Wired and wireless)
- Administer and create Windows Domains with users and client computers.
- Create and administer Exchange servers
- Administer and create other Windows servers such as (file, hyper-v, and exchange).
- Product testing, contributing to and maintaining documentation
- Provide hands on support for the company’s internal systems
- Handling customer feedback
- General office IT support.
Many of the companies’ former apprentices have gone on to secure high up positions within the Department and wider company. In fact, one has gone on to set up the companies operation in Canada, so the sky really is the limited for an enthusiastic apprentice to grow your career within the company on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people at all levels
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure within strict deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's (Grades A-C) or equivalent
- PLUS A-Levels or equivalent in a technical subject(s) would also be an advantage.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.