- Working with & supporting the team
- Administrative duties as necessary
- Handling of customer support enquiries on the telephone and through email.
- Working towards technical accreditations
- Evaluating new technologies
- Working towards building skills and knowledge around networking, firewalls and routing protocols
- Working towards building skills and knowledge around the Microsoft portfolio and Virtualisation Technologies
- An exceptional interest in IT, networking and IT infrastructures would really assist the successful applicant
- Extensive use of Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Project and Outlook and other software packages including sage
- LAN Support will provide additional training through a variety of methods online, on the job or classroom based where appropriate, over and above the externally provided training as part of the apprenticeship scheme
- The option to gain a full time role once the apprenticeship is successfully completed (with a salary boost)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Have experience of using computers at a reasonable level
- An understanding of IT
- Able to demonstrate good initiative
- Good to Excellent communication skills
- Ambitious attitude
- An excellent attendance record
- Interest in Technology
- A good team player
- A quick learner
- Professional in their attitude
- Keen on career progression
- Flexible and willing to learn
5 GCSE's, A*-C/9-4 grade, including maths and English.
Infrastructure technician level 3 standard:
- Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom
- 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio
- The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity