What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supporting the delivery of the Foundation-wide SLA across all schools and departments
- Acting as the initial point of contact for staff and students requiring help with IT issues and queries
- Proactive maintenance for IT systems and software
- Accurate service desk information to enable the analysis of issues and effective configuration recording and management
- Effective troubleshooting, analysis and resolution of issues, using support from the School Lead Technicians where appropriate
- Assistance in the deployment of new client device software builds as and when required
- Assistance in the deployment of hardware devices as and when required
- Supporting activities associated with the Foundation Innovation Framework whereby staff and students may require a higher degree of support during the implementation and testing of new tools and technologies
- Occasional support outside of normal working hours, including weekends, for specific activities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
Information communications technician Level 3 (A level) standard:
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Reality CheckImportant information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential