What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide 1st and 2nd line technical application support
- Demonstrate an excellent customer service focus when dealing with clients
- Logging issues appropriately using CRM tool
- Ensure tickets are processed within our standards and managed appropriately through to completion and within the agreed SLA’s
- Escalating unresolved issues appropriately
- Creating & maintaining internal knowledge base documentation
- Recording & identifying trends of tickets proactively highlighting to the Team Lead where applicable
- Monitor service performance through internal monitoring system
- Assist with continuous improvement to practices in their work area by maintaining an awareness of advancements in IT and their relevance to services provided
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
92% of QA Apprentices secure full-time employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 3 of any subject (Grade 4+ (A* - C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential