What will the apprentice be doing?
- The role will involve dealing directly with the company’s ever expanding customer base to offer technical support and advice
- Delivering first class customer service at all times
- Act as the first point of contact for new customers, offering advice regarding set-up and usage
- Troubleshoot a variety of basic technical issues (hardware and software)
- Work closely with senior support staff to resolve more complex technical issues
- Keep up to date records of clients interactions, bug fixes, updates to process etc.
- Ensure business SLA’s are maintained
- Ensure personal KPI’s are achieved
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCustomer care skills, Team working, Good telephone manner, Computer hardware, Software and OS, Troubleshooting IT, Patient, Ambitious, Proactive, Punctuality
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 3 of any subject (Grade 4+ (A - C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential