ICT Network Technician Apprentice - Level 3.
£11,000 - £12,500 p.a.
CANDIDATE MUST LIVE IN/AROUND KETTERING.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installing, Servicing, and Decommissioning Educational and Business Audio Visual systems
- Installing and testing copper and fibre cabling solutions
- Installing and commissioning wireless network solutions
- Testing and terminating cables using a FLUKE tester
- Server Rack installation, decant, relocation, and decommissioning
- Identifying and resolving cable errors/issues
- Installing and commissioning IP security and surveillance network solutions (i.e. CCTV systems)
- Daily written processes such as site audit or survey documents, timesheets, expenses, etc. to be completed on time
Potential for full-time position at Vietec after the apprenticeship. Given the candidate shows great skill and completes the apprenticeship successfully.
Candidate must be within the immediate Kettering area, as there will be pick-up and drop-off for shifts.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience working with computers
- Interest in learning about computer hardware, networks, servers
- Problem-solving skills
- Eager to learn new skills
- Team player
GCSEs in maths and English or equivalent.
The Information Communications Technician makes their contribution through the application of infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
An Information Communications Technician (ICT) provides support to internal and/or external customers, by using tools or systems to problem solve and trouble-shoot routine and non-routine problems. This occupation supports clients/customers with their systems. They achieve this through monitoring and maintaining the systems and/or platforms to maximise productivity and user experience.
There are 3 pathways within this Apprenticeship which include:
- A Support Technician
- A Network Technician
- A Digital Communications Technician
As a result, you will achieve:
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)