Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Installing, Servicing, and Decommissioning Educational and Business Audio Visual systems
- Installing and testing copper and fibre cabling solutions
- Installing and commissioning wireless network solutions
- Testing and terminating cables using a FLUKE tester
- Server Rack installation, decant, relocation, and decommissioning
- Identifying and resolving cable errors/issues
- Installing and commissioning IP security and surveillance network solutions (i.e., CCTV systems)
- Daily written processes such as site audit or survey documents, timesheets, expenses, etc to be completed on time
Potential for full-time position at Vietec after the apprenticeship. Given the candidate shows great skill and completes the apprenticeship successfully.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience working with computers
- Problem-solving skills
- Eager to learn new skills
- Team player
- Interest in learning about computer hardware, networks, servers
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
The Information Communications Technician makes their contribution through the application of infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
An Information Communications Technician (ICT) provides support to internal and/or external customers, by using tools or systems to problem solve and trouble-shoot routine and non-routine problems. This occupation supports clients/customers with their systems. They achieve this through monitoring and maintaining the systems and/or platforms to maximise productivity and user experience.
There are 3 pathways within this Apprenticeship which include:
- A Support Technician
- A Network Technician
- A Digital Communications Technician