The IT Support Apprentice will support the group through:
- Administration of IT systems, including user access
- Capturing and updating changes to configuration and asset records
- Installing and configuring computer equipment and systems as directed to defined standards
- Maintenance of procedures and documentation and accurate version control of all IT processes to required standards
- Recording of time and effort expended on issue resolution, projects and other tasks
Through the work, the IT Support Apprentice will also:
- Support the growth of the group through effective IT system management
- Understand the importance of process and control in the management of IT systems
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The ideal person will:
- Possess a meticulous nature, patience and be capable of working well under pressure, demonstrating ability to manage and priorities workloads
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in a professional manner
- Be self-motivated, inquisitive and willing to learn and explore new ways of achieving goals
- Be a cultural fit for GAS; happy to work independently, but flexible to change in a company experiencing rapid growth
- Demonstrate a strong interest in Information Technology and its impact upon a business.
- Be a logical thinker
- Be a flexible team player, with the ability to self-manage
- Show a can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English and maths.
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Qualifications will include:
- BCS Award in Coding and Logic
- BCS Award in Business Processes
- Microsoft Technology Associate Networking Fundamentals
- BCS Award in Mobile and Operating Systems
- BCS Award in Cloud Services