- To administer company IT services which include but are not limited to; Microsoft Office 365, Windows server administration, network troubleshooting, telephony administration including mobile phones and unified communications
- Diagnosing and resolving all technical issues for our users. Where necessary escalate issues appropriately
- Performing necessary upgrades both onsite and in other Brady locations as and when required
- Support in the onboarding process for new joiners with the procurement and delivery of equipment to users with appropriate IT training
- Log and deal with users’ support tickets, incoming calls/emails and resolve issues promptly within agreed SLA’s
- Maintain the software and hardware asset database to ensure compliance with legal requirements for licensing. Perform regular software audits and reconciliation
- Repair equipment that is out of warranty and scrap equipment that is obsolete or broken beyond economic repair under WEEE directives
- To support users and help them in the identification of software products which may be beneficial to the organisation/department
- To keep abreast of emerging technologies and sharing knowledge with colleagues
- To work outside business hours as required for maintenance and upgrade work
- Willingness and ability to travel to various group sites, at potentially short notice
- Perform other related duties as / when required
- Once you have completed your Level 3 apprenticeship, there is a view to progress you onto the Level 4 in DevOps
- Or gain a full-time role
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and proactive approach to work
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information is essential
- Customer focused approach to issue resolution
- Ability to work effectively with remote and dispersed teams
- A keen interest in IT systems demonstrated through extracurricular activities
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows and Office, PC equipment and software
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.