Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
About the Company
Our client are a growing IT business with over 20 year's experience providing CAD/CAM software solutions. With the business expanding they looking to recruit a new tech support apprentice to join their team.
We are looking to recruit an IT Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As an IT Apprentice your main role/ responsibilities will include:
- Learning how to provide software support
- Learning the software services and products
- Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails.
- Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales
- Working on resolving the first line support where capable and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary
- Updating company systems
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
A permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship.
- Be strong communicators, both internally and externally
- Develop own effectiveness and professionalism
- Someone who is the go to for friends & family for any IT issues
- Have a genuine passion for IT and software!
- Be organised and responsive, using initiative and motivation to deal with enquiries
- Be reliable and enthusiastic
- Have good timekeeping
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE maths & English, and in three or four other subjects. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least direct experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Training ProvidedCORE MODULES The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician. The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available. Computer Fundamentals & Security Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting. Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services An introduction to the fundamental cloud concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking modules, devices and protocols. Communication in Support Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.