We’ll support you through the entire process and provide an extensive induction programme to help you adjust to the work/study balance.
This is initially a service desk role, however for the right candidate - there will be opportunities for development into other areas of the business upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Working as part of our IT Service Delivery team supporting the applications and IT infrastructure of our customers.
- Monitoring the health of IT environments (applications, servers, networks, etc.) and recognising when there are issues occurring
- Using some of the best IT tools whilst investigating and diagnosing issues or incidents
- Getting hands on with the IT infrastructure, applying the right fix after you’ve investigated an issue
- Collaborating with members of other teams when more complex issues occur
- Taking support calls / speaking to customers over the phone
- Logging issues / making a record of the issue in our management system
- Learning how to prioritise and escalate when complex and high priority issues occur
- Assist the wider team with any projects, changes, and improvement initiatives
Over the course of your Apprenticeship you’ll develop your technical skills and learn how to solve more complex issues, taking on more responsibility.
We would expect you to move into a permanent position and continue developing your career within IT (subject to performance through duration of apprenticeship).
- Full training will be given
- You’ll join an incredibly supportive team in a very successful organisation where there will career opportunities for the right candidate
- Over 60% of our current team have started with us as an apprentice. / All we ask from you is that you’re willing to learn, are comfortable speaking with clients in a professional manner and have a passion for solving problems.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
We are looking for applicants who are:
- Intellectually Curious: You will love to learn and have a technical mindset. You will have an interest within IT / Technology / Operations / Client support.
- Driven to deliver: To excel and take pride in your work. To meet deadlines and take care to ensure attention to detail.
- Willing to contribute: You will get stuck in and contribute ideas. We work in a fast moving, dynamic environment where everyday is a school day. We know you’ll make mistakes (everyone does) but you will continually evolve.
- Proud to collaborate and be yourself: You won’t be afraid to help others. We want to see the authentic you, and to support you in delivering with integrity.
Accountable: To safeguard our future and to represent our brand. To do yourself and Network proud.
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.