IT Support Apprentice - 19259
Saxon Weald Homes Ltd
Saxon Weald is a challenging, fun, vibrant place to work, and we employ great people who are committed to our values, work hard and strive for continuous improvement to enable us to be the best we can be.
We have a fantastic IT team who are not only focused on providing the best technology to meet the needs of the business, they like working with our people to deliver the best IT solutions across all our service areas.
- Support the IT Team to handle the day to day user requests from the service desk system
- Assist in the continuing infrastructure rollout projects including Windows 10, Office 365 and PC / mobile hardware replacements. This will involve travelling to our other sites in West Sussex, East Sussex and Hampshire
- To help produce and maintain IT statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary
- To provide first-line support to staff for hardware, software, audio/visual, photocopiers and telephone equipment
- To help maintain appropriate stock levels of computer consumables and accessories and to raise purchase orders as necessary
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Reasons why you should apply for this role:
- We deal with everything in-house, wide area network, telephone system, tablets and mobile phones
- Our main office is in central Horsham;
- 37 hours per week with flexibility on your picking your working pattern. Friday’s the office closes at 4pm!
- We can offer you: 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health care benefits and pension options with excellent employer pension contributions of 6-12%
- An attractive benefit pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Health care cashback scheme
- Annual flu jabs
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Christmas party and summer party
- Community day! One day for each employee, dedicated to supporting a local charity
- Dress down Friday once a month
- A choice of working pattern
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Have the ability to work well in a fantastic IT team
- Have a ‘digital first’ approach aligned to our customer services strategy with a passion for technology
- You are keen to learn and develop and want to be part of a knowledgeable IT team providing excellent customer service
- You are passionate about IT
- Be personable, enthusiastic, have a positive attitude, and be capable of providing excellent support to our staff
Have a minimum of 5 GCSE grades (4/C and above) or equivalent, including maths and English.
- Level 3 - Infrastructure technician standard
- Functional Skills if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.