Interested in starting a career in IT support?
Do you want to study an industry recognised Apprentice qualification, in a supportive and friendly work environment?
Baltic are delighted to be partnering with Barnett Waddingham, an independent UK consultancy at the forefront of pensions, investment, risk and insurance. We are looking to hire IT Support Apprentices starting in September 2021 on a 15 month Apprentice training program.
Working with a trusted training provider partner Baltic Apprenticeships, we offer our IT Support Technicians the opportunity to study and learn alongside the people that you work with on a daily basis. You will study the Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship whilst working in the role. The program is well structured, with the support of independent skills coaches, mentors and line managers to ensure you succeed in you role and study. You will receive a comprehensive induction and be part of the Barnett Waddingham early careers network of over 50 Apprentices, Interns and Graduates. You will receive ongoing support and the opportunity to socialise.
The role of the IT Support Technician varied and you will be the first line support to the Firm’s IT systems infrastructure. A typical day will include:
- Responding to IT related tickets whilst prioritizing issues
- Provide IT Support to the local office users
- Escalating issues to the relevant teams
- Mobile device management including setup and distribution
- Setup of laptop hardware, peripherals and user troubleshooting
- Document fixes and troubleshooting techniques and distribute this information to the IT support team to improve efficiencies
- Participate in team meetings with all team members to discuss projects, issues and team performance.
What You’ll Gain
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career within an organisation recently rated as among the 100 best companies to work for with excellent benefits and real progression opportunities. You will be offered a supportive and friendly work environment with the opportunity to shine.
Opportunity for full-time employment and further progression following the completion of the apprenticeship.
Recruitment for these positions is commencing immediately, however if successful, the start date for the both the apprenticeship and the position will not be until September 2021.
- Passion for IT and/or technology
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to learn
- Effective communicator
- GCSE or equivalents at grade 4 / C or above
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths
All training will be provided by Barnett Waddingham and Baltic Apprenticeship.