IT Support Apprentice - 18615
INFORMATION ASSET MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
Main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- User support (Provide support both remotely and in person)
- Handling of the daily IT related operations of the client
- Provide Level 1 technical support for all clients remotely or onsite
- Managing purchasing of equipment
- Purchase orders and assigning invoices to the budget
- Gathering of information, analysing symptoms and figuring out how to resolve all IT related issues that employees may face during their day to day operations
- The successful candidate will also be given the opportunity to assist in the configuration and operation of the company’s IT Infrastructure (this will include configuration and support of Local Area)
- Install, support and maintain computer hardware and software infrastructure
- Ensure all computer systems are functioning properly including file servers, database servers, POS terminals, CCTV, internet connection, PA System, WAN and VPN connection
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors or suppliers on quotation for setup, implementation, repair and maintenance of IT hardware & software
- To take ownership of Project work streams assigned by Directors
- Maintain proper administration records of IT equipment inventory, application software inventory, software licenses, IT equipment movement, networking & other IT related information
- Provide training, guidance and support to end users
You will be working with:
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013 (Outlook troubleshooting)
- Exchange 2013
- TCP/IP and DNS
- CVS and essential datamine – MySQL, phpMyAdmin, MSSQL
- Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS, Office 365)
- Android and IOS
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their Apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
- Competitive salary
- On the job training
- Ability to tap into the experience of seasoned IT professionals
- Free coffee
- Free weekly fruit in the office
- Take your pick of online training courses on the company academy account
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Familiar with Windows operation systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Good command of spoken and written English to understand user issues and provide workarounds
- Ability to multi-task and work under dynamic conditions and constraints with minimal supervision
- 2 months experience in an IT environment (or equivalent)
- Be able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Have a good understanding of IT as a whole (areas including, hardware, software, mobile apps and networking)
A-Level/B-tech (or equivalent) in an IT based subject.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.