Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to start your career in IT.
About the Company.
Our client is an award-winning technology provider that works in partnership with their customers to provide IT solutions through the efficient use of technology.
They offer a range of IT support and cyber security managed services to keep systems performing effectively and to dramatically reduce online risks. In addition, their expert consultancy can help to develop and execute customers business strategies, whether it is an overhaul of IT in business premises or help for remote workers.
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn. As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Answering the phone and providing excellent customer service and care in a professional and effective manner
- Providing remote support, advice and guidance to the customer
- Fault diagnosis and diagnosis of security issues
- Working with hardware
- Software installation
- PC builds, reconfiguration and re-builds including: account set-up, identifying and fixing issues
- Application support for bespoke software
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
A full time permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You must be a strong communicator, both internally and externally
- Able to develop your own effectiveness and professionalism
- You must be computer literate to a good standard
- You must have a genuine passion for IT and software AND have great customer service!
- You must be organised and responsive, using initiative and motivation to deal with enquiries
- You must be reliable and enthusiastic and have good timekeeping
- Able to demonstrate basic HTML and CSS
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology
- The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who is not afraid to ask questions
To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths and English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least practical experience with the workings of computers and IT.
You will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals. These are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.